Friday, October 23, 2009

The world is not coming to an end...

Just take a deep breath! No, the world is not coming to an end! I just updated my blog:). Sorry it's been so long, but here's what we've been doing over the past year.
Tim has been working hard and studying for CPA exams which he finally finished in July. I was so grateful because I had a feeling his life wouldn't get any less busy so it was either now or try to study with more "on his plate". Sure enough he has taken on projects at work that allow him less leisure time. He has also been called as the 14 and 15 year old scout leader, which has taken more time, but he loves it.
As excited as I am for him, it was sad to see him leave his Primary calling where we both have LOVED teaching the 6 & 7 year olds in our ward. Every week we learn something from them and they say something we just have to write down because it is so funny.
I finished working full time in September to get ready for our baby girl who is due mid-November. Overall I have had a pretty easy pregnancy and shouldn't complain as much as I do. There is so much preparation and I think we are as close to being ready for her as we can be. We are really very excited about becoming parents!
Here are some of the highlights of the last year. I don't mean for it to be a "travel (b)log", but that is when we take pictures!

Our latest excitement is Tim's debut on YouTube. Just type in "watch my friend eat a McDonald's big mac". He actually did this for the Primary talent show for our church and a friend did some editing for it. Check it out! (For some reason I am unable to post the link.)
Deanna's parents came to visit!
(In case you are wondering, I am about 31 weeks pregnant.)

Tim's parents came to visit!

Two of Deanna's high school friends, Brooke and Alison came to visit! This is the "gum wall" right outside Pike Place Market, where you can dispose of your chewed gum. Sick huh?
(28 weeks)

Niagara Falls

Tim & Deanna in front of the log home on the Smith Farm where Joseph Smith lived in New York. In April, Tim and I were bumped off a flight and received $400 each in flight vouchers. Since Tim served his mission in the Rochester, New York area we had always talked about visiting those sites later on in the future, but we couldn't pass up this opportunity. It was such a great trip to do together. Our testimonies of the Restoration were strengthened and we really loved spending the time revisiting the places where Tim lived for 2 years.

Rachel and Brian came to visit during one of the worst heat waves this area has seen in the last one hundred years. It doesn't get that hot here, so not many people have air conditioning. We went swimming in one of the local lakes just to try and stay cool.

We have had the chance to see a few Mariners games!

Poor Tim. He was out of the office working with a client when he went to move a table and split his pants. To make matters more awkward he did this in the middle of the day so he couldn't go home to change. Luckily he had a jacket that he could tie around his waist, but it looked funny because that look went out a long time ago:).

Taxco
My brother served his mission in Mexico so we went to see some of the places where he served with my family.

Standing outside the entrance to some ruins.

6 comments:

Brammer Family said...

De, I am so proud of you! LOL :)

I'm so excited for you to be a mommy. I was thinking about you just yesterday and you are only a few short weeks away from welcoming your newest family member.

We miss you, lots. I remember saying goodbye to you at the airport thinking "The next time we'll see De, she'll be a mommy!"

Wonderful update. Keep em' comin'!
Love ya!

Diana said...

Hooray! I'm so excited to see you post on your blog. I had no idea that you were expecting. That is awesome news. Congratulations very, very late :) Glad to see and read that everything is going well. It's true you two will make fantastic parents. Keep the updates coming!

Unknown said...

congratulations on the pregnancy, can't wait to see pictures!!! I am so glad everything is going so well :) Miss you guys!!

Cary said...

So great to hear an update from you guys! Glad all is well! Good luck with your upcoming addition!! That is wonderful! We sure miss you both!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Awesome pictures! :-) And as amazing and wonderful as pregnancy is - it's okay to complain a little from time to time, you've earned it. :-) I know I do my share of whining... comes with the territory.
-Mandy

Jackie Sanders said...

Deanna!!! Hey! So, Jessica Bruno S. and I connected on her blog, and i found YOU!
I am thrilled I can follow you, and are you really 31 weeks pregnant? Really?
I'm so excited, and fun to see all the picts of your fam!
Our blog is jandjsandersfamily.blogspot.com
Hope we can keep in touch!